Thank you David Bonderman!

Because of Mr. Bonderman's generosity, I have been given the opportunity to travel the world and learn about culture. As a Bonderman Travel Fellow I plan on traveling through Western and Eastern Europe, East Africa, Northern India and Southeast Asia. I am excited to experience new and amazing things that will better enable me to empower and inspire the next generation of young students.

ALSO!!! If you are interested in following the nasty development of my beard and hair....you can follow it at

Monday, May 23, 2011

Walking Man Walks

Although I've been absent from the blog, I've been fully alive in Thailand. I've adopted the habit of walking EVERYWHERE. Whether it's a destination two blocks away or six miles away, I walk. It's been great. Not only am I completely exhausted at every day's end, I come across some very cool "hidden" gems that aren't necessarily in the Lonely Planet or any other guidebook/internet source. I'll elaborate on a few examples.

Today I needed to straighten out passport/visa stuff, so I walked from my guest house all the way to the embassy. It is a solid five mile walk and completely out of any touristy areas. On the way, I stumbled upon a very cool park! Lumphini Park was exclusively filled with Thais and I didnt see a white person the whole time I was there. Great opportunity for curious Thai people to practice their engrish on me ;) then on my way back from the embassy I stumbled upon som Thai street ballers....not the ballers we see in America, but ballers nonetheless. They were playing this 2 v. 2 game using a miniature soccer ball on a badminton court...very intriguing indeed. The ball couldn't hit the ground and each team had three hits (no hands!) to return the ball to the other side of the net. I wish I could play, but I'm nursing a foot owie. Maybe I'll return in a few days to show em what I got. Then, to top off the long walk, I randomly stumbled upon friendly china town...great food, great people.

Walking is giving me life.


YouTube Video


No comments: