Thank you David Bonderman!

Because of Mr. Bonderman's generosity, I have been given the opportunity to travel the world and learn about culture. As a Bonderman Travel Fellow I plan on traveling through Western and Eastern Europe, East Africa, Northern India and Southeast Asia. I am excited to experience new and amazing things that will better enable me to empower and inspire the next generation of young students.

ALSO!!! If you are interested in following the nasty development of my beard and hair....you can follow it at

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What are the freakin odds!?!?!?!?

Yesterday I woke up at the backpacker hostel in Tofo and decided to try and make it to Vilankulo... I knew that I needed to walk 2km and catch a bus from Tofo to Inhambane...then walk 1.5 km and catch and little boat across the bay to Maxixe...then walk 1km and catch a final, 4hr bus to Vilankulo...with no plans, no reservations and no real idea of what to do, I went for it!!! Astonishingly, I made it to Vilankulo at around 3 pm....and checked into my hostel......

The CRAZIEST part of this whole thing is that as I was checking in to the place in Vilankulo, I heard the voices of two girls speaking in flawless "American"....I was very excited so, after checking in, I approached the girls to introduce myself AND IT WAS TWO GIRLS ON THE BONDERMAN FELLOWSHIP!!!!!!!!! Andrea Gough and Alena Suazo....I had met them in May during our first meeting and had seen/talked to them a little before leaving the states...they're both grad students and they met up in Maputo...absolutely insanity

I had NO idea other bondermaners were in Africa right now...what are the chances? I have no idea, but I'm excited to see people I know!!

No comments: