Thank you David Bonderman!

Because of Mr. Bonderman's generosity, I have been given the opportunity to travel the world and learn about culture. As a Bonderman Travel Fellow I plan on traveling through Western and Eastern Europe, East Africa, Northern India and Southeast Asia. I am excited to experience new and amazing things that will better enable me to empower and inspire the next generation of young students.

ALSO!!! If you are interested in following the nasty development of my beard and hair....you can follow it at

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Cambodia is the one to the left of Vietnam, to the right of Thailand and below Laos...)

- I'm on day 319 out of a total 334 days being deprived of the Great Pacific Northwest..

- Its the 240th day (out of 243) of this whole Bonderman experience...it'll be 8 months since arriving in South Africa on June 11th!

- My beautiful darling little sister becomes my travel companion on June 13th and we fly home together from Bangkok on June 23rd.

- Today is gorgeous, cloudless and very warm...phnom penh is surprisingly beautiful with city parks scattered throughout town and the mighty Mekong River quietly rolling past towards the east.

- This morning I did my best to emulate Caleb Van Essen's run and workout routine, failed miserably, but still got a GREAT workout (for me). I'm trying to train so that I can compete in the inevitable sporting events that will ensue on June 25th in Cashmere, WA...

- Despite the hard statistics surrounding home-deprivation and the fact that I AM LITERALLY ALMOST DONE!!!!!!! I'm doing very well. Very well, indeed.

Pictures of this unexpectedly pleasant city will come soon....

1 comment:

ellery said...

so proud :)

of you and my fabulously talented athletic husband ;)