Thank you David Bonderman!

Because of Mr. Bonderman's generosity, I have been given the opportunity to travel the world and learn about culture. As a Bonderman Travel Fellow I plan on traveling through Western and Eastern Europe, East Africa, Northern India and Southeast Asia. I am excited to experience new and amazing things that will better enable me to empower and inspire the next generation of young students.

ALSO!!! If you are interested in following the nasty development of my beard and hair....you can follow it at

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trekking...

My original plan for Nepal was to do a couple of very short treks (2 or 3 day-long treks) and then head east to spend time in the Chitwan National Park and the Kathmandu Valley. BUT after meeting some very very cool people in Pokhara, I've been convinced to alter my plans a bit. Annapurna Circuit Trek, here I come!!! Tomorrow I'm leaving pokhara in order to start on this 14 day behemoth of a hike. It winds through the heart of the Himalayas and reaches a maximum altitude of 5416 meters (17,770 feet) at the Thorung Pass. I think it will be quite epic! I think I'll cut out Chitwan from my itinerary and still spend a good deal of time in the KTM Valley.

The bad and good news is that I won't have any internet access throughout the whole trek...so no blog updates or picture posts. There will be fantastic photos to upload at the end though :)

Godspeed!

1 comment:

sandra said...

Really, really glad that you have chosen this Joe. I doubt you will regret it!